What Do You Want to Read?

Saturday, March 1, 2008

If I Could Find the Queen's Grace

i wish my words could convey what my heart holds, to tell u how my gut is in a clamp. i wish i was a better painter, so i could show you how dark everything around me is. how color's lost its luster...everything's lost it's luster. its like having tight shoes on the wrong feet. i don't want to go anywhere, it hurts so bad. i often hang my head and watch tears fall from my face, racing to the ground to see how big of a splash they can make. i moved here to sing but my throat's choked up and the happy tunes have fled with the light, chasing all the summer-skinned kids who say they have no regrets.

....i do. and when i'm an old man, someone will ask, "what were you thinking?"

i don't know. i was too busy drinking. but if i could take it all back u bet your ass i would. if i could go back i'd tell the truth with my words and my actions...and stop giving a shit about what the world thinks. if i could go back i'd lay there with you a little longer, tuck your locks back behind your ears and tell you truly, "there is nowhere else i'd rather be, i wouldn't trade this for anything."

what i'd give to go back

No comments: