What Do You Want to Read?

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Amputee

Throughout my life I have been blessed with some great friends that helped me in a number of ways. They've made me ask questions, got me to pick up a guitar, a pen, a paintbrush, a camera, a book, showed me things I might never have seen otherwise. They showed me how to laugh, and that with their help I could make it out here. When times have been bad, my friends have been there to help me, they've kept me going...they are my legs...and they have been amputated. Someone cut them off in my sleep, and now I find myself going nowhere. staring at the walls in my house, expecting them to tell me something new...but they don't...they just stare back, watching me collect dust alone. they've got more than I do. they've got each other, holding one another up. they are strong when they are together. I am legless, but ya know what? I always did wanna learn how to walk on my hands.

No comments: